Local colleges and universities have many qualified young individuals who are looking for work. If your company is able to form a relationship with these schools, you can easily connect with these emerging professionals
. Therefore, your company can attract these dedicated young individuals with internships, part-time jobs, and volunteer opportunities. If students love the work they are doing by the time they finish one of your programs, they are more likely to be interested in a full-time position.
Your company can connect with local schools in a multitude of ways:
1) Attend networking events (job fairs, career expos, etc.)
2) Sponsor events, programs, or projects
3) Connect with the Career Office (post internships, part-time positions, full-time jobs, etc.)
4) Offer to speak to students interested in the construction industry (talk about your experience, how students can get started, give advice, etc.)
5) Host an event or workshop in collaboration with the school’s student organizations or Career Office
How to Retain Qualified Individuals?